- HomeLet's Start here
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- OSHA Safety
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- CompTIA Certification
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
- Disability Awareness
- Hiring Termination
- ContactGet in Touch
Medical Coding & Billing ICD-10
This course provides the training necessary for medical administrative professionals to comply with the updated standards. The transition to ICD-10 is necessary for many reasons. Payors cannot pay claims fairly using ICD-9-CM since the classification system does not accurately reflect current technology and medical treatment. Significantly different procedures are assigned to a single ICD-9-CM procedure code. Limitations in the coding system translate directly into limitations in the diagnosis-related groups (DRG). The healthcare industry cannot accurately measure quality of care using ICD-9-CM. It is difficult to evaluate the outcome of new procedures and emerging health care conditions when there are not precise codes. Most importantly, we have a mission to improve our ability to measure health care services provided to our patients, enhance clinical decision-making, track public health issues, conduct medical research, identify fraud and abuse and design our payment systems to ensure services are appropriately paid.
- Lesson - 1 Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Lesson - 2 Neoplasm
- Lesson - 3 Diseases of the Blood and Blood Forming Organs
- Lesson - 4 Endocrine, Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases
- Lesson - 5 Mental Disorders
- Lesson - 6 Diseases of the Nervous System
- Lesson - 7 Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa
- Lesson - 8 Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process
- Lesson - 9 Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Lesson - 10 Diseases of the Digestive System
- Lesson - 11 Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
- Lesson - 12 Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
- Lesson - 13 Diseases of the Genitourinary System
- Lesson - 14 Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
- Lesson - 15 Newborn (Perinatal) Guidelines
- Lesson - 16 Congenital Malformations, Deformations and Chromosomal Abnormalities
- Lesson - 17 Symptoms, Signs and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings
- Lesson - 18 Injury, Poisoning and Certain Other Consequences of the External
- Lesson - 19 External Causes of Morbidity
- Lesson - 20 Factors Influencing Health Status
Key Course Features
Expert Instructor-Led Training
ITU uses only the industry’s finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations
The courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. ITU always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Quizzes & Exam Simulators
ITU’s custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. ITU Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Flash Cards & Educational Games
ITU knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
Navigation & Controls
ITU’s self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.