- HomeLet's Start here
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- OSHA Safety
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- CompTIA Certification
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
- ContactGet in Touch
Safe Patient Handling
Nurses, aids, physical therapists, e
mergency workers, clinic staff and other healthcare workers all face the hazards associated with patient lifting
and handling. In fact, the single greatest risk factor for overexertion injuries in healthcare workers is the
manual lifting, moving and repositioning of patients, residents or clients. This course informs healthcare
workers on safe and proper patient handling techniques in order to reduce and prevent injuries to workers
and patients. The goal of this course is to inform healthcare workers on safe and proper patient handling
techniques in order to reduce and prevent injuries to workers and patients.
This course is updated with the "VHA Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Algorithms (2014 revision)" and the NAON "Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Algorithms for the Adult Orthopaedic Patient". Which are both available for learners to download as a training resource.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorders or MSDs.
- Identify patient handling risk factors and ways to reduce these risk factors.
- Explain the importance of job planning.
- Recall techniques for safe patient handling.
- Recall the decision making process for lifts and transfers.
- Explain the benefits of safe patient handling programs.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Planning a Patient Move
- Lifting and Transferring Techniques
- The Benefits of Safe Patient Handling
Medical OSHA Training - Features and Benefits
- Course material is engaging and accurate.
- Online content, quiz, and test questions are directed to the content provided in the course and are based on proven adult learning theory principles.
- Interactivities are used to engage the learner and hold his or her interest.
- Includes course certificate of completion for each student and course completion reports for proof of compliance.
- Learners and administrators have 24 x 7 access to courses and reporting features.
- Audio narration that can be muted for crowded office environments plus audio transcript available in the course.
- Non-graded knowledge checks to reinforce lesson objectives.
- Bookmarking so learners can reopen the course to continue at page in the course where it was previously closed.
- Relevant images and animations are used throughout the course.
- The course mobile compatible to run on IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unlimited times to pass end-of course-assessment with 80% minimum passing score.
Estimated Time: 25 Minutes
Customized Off-the-Shelf Content
- Custom Training Pages & Quiz Questions Add and edit training pages, knowledge check questions or assessment questions to highlight your specific policies and procedures. This includes adding all-new pages with custom animations, images, and voiceover; customizing pop-ups; and adding any additional course pages that might be required.
- Executive Introduction & Conclusion Including an introduction or conclusion from your CEO or other executive can make a strong impression on learners, indicating to them the importance of the training and your management’s strong and commitment to compliance.
- Role-Based Custom Training for Specific Audiences Some of our training modules can be mixed and matched to create specific training programs for specific audiences or training requirements. This modular approach allows you to quickly and easily deploy the topics that are most relevant to your current compliance challenges.
Copyrights © 2016 & All Rights Reserved by Evolve Technologies, Inc.