- HomeLet's Start here
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- OSHA Safety
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- CompTIA Certification
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- ContactGet in Touch
Preventing Sexual Harassment for Managers - New York
Sexual harassment is a pervasive and persistent problem in our society and in our workplaces. It’s being talked about more than ever before as more
people are coming forward and sharing their stories of being sexually harassed.
In the wake of the #MeToo movement and the resulting nationwide conversation about sexual harassment, the State of New York and the City of New York passed legislation requiring employers to step up and do more to prevent sexual harassment. The New York State Budget Bill (the NYS Law" and the Stop Sexual Harassment in New York City Act (the NYC Act) aim to address workplace sexual harassment by expanding the rights and means of redress for employees while imposing additional requirements and liabilities on employers.
Deliver this course to your staff on the Evolve LMS or your own LMS.
Updating course files is a thing of the past with Evolve’s course delivery to your LMS! We provide you with a small SCORM compliant course file to upload in your existing LMS so you can start assigning training right away. When we update the course, the course file in your LMS is automatically updated so you are always training on the latest available version. It’s that simple!
Click the button to view a course demonstration. Individuals or smaller organizations can click the "Buy Now" button to purchase from our online store with easy self-registration.Course Demo Buy Now
Who has to be trained and how often do employees have to be trained?
The NYC Act only covers employers with 15 or more employees working in New York City however, the training requirement under the NYS Law applies to all employers working in New York, regardless of employer size. The NYS Law requires all employees working in New York State, including supervisors and managerial employees to be trained. Each covered employee must be trained annually. The New York City Act makes training mandatory for all employees employed within New York City for more than 80 hours in a calendar year, as well as temporary employees who are engaged for more than 90 days.
This course meets the New York State and New York City training requirements.
This course provides employees an awareness of the New York laws and issues relating to sexual harassment in the workplace. Through scenarios, text and audio, it details the actions and responsibilities employees have to understand their rights and responsibilities when it comes to sexual harassment in the workplace. How to recognize and report sexual harassment when it happens to them or others, bystander intervention training and how to contact the appropriate agencies when it happens to them.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize why preventing sexual harassment is important.
- Recognize harassing behaviors and how to stop them.
- Explain the cost and consequences harassment has on victims and the workplace.
- Describe your responsibilities for responding to sexual harassment complaints from employees and “Non-employees”.
- Identify acts of retaliation and ways to stop it.
- Explain strategies employers can to prevent and correct sexual harassment.
- Describe your role in creating a harassment free workplace.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Laws and Liability
- The Cost of Harassment
- Defining Harassment
- Is it Harassment?
- Handling Harassment Complaints
- Prevention and Culture
Human Resources Training - Features and Benefits
- Course material is engaging and accurate.
- Online content, quiz, and test questions are directed to the content provided in the course and are based on proven adult learning theory principles.
- Interactivities are used to engage the learner and hold his or her interest.
- Includes course certificate of completion for each student and course completion reports for proof of compliance.
- Learners and administrators have 24 x 7 access to courses and reporting features.
- Audio narration that can be muted for crowded office environments plus audio transcript available in the course.
- Scenarios and non-graded knowledge checks to reinforce lesson objectives.
- Bookmarking so learners can reopen the course to continue at page in the course where it was previously closed.
- Relevant images and animations are used throughout the course.
- The course mobile compatible to run on IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unlimited times to pass end-of course-assessment with 80% minimum passing score.
Estimated Time: 40 Minutes
New York City Requirements
- May 9, 2018 Expansion of employer liability for sexual harassment claims.
- April1, 2019 Requiring mandatory anti-sexual harassment annual training.
All NYC employers can now be held liable for sexual harassment claims regardless of employer size. In addition, the statute of limitations for sexual harassment claims under the New York City Human Rights Law is extended from one year to three years.
The NYC Act only covers employers with 15 or more employees working in New York City,also clarifies that an employer who is subject to training requirements in multiple jurisdictions may provide proof of compliance with the NYC Act, as long as the employer's sexual harassment training is provided annually and contains the mandated training areas discussed below.
Copyrights © 2018 & All Rights Reserved by Evolve Technologies, Inc.