- HomeLet's Start here
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- OSHA Safety
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- CompTIA Certification
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
- ContactGet in Touch
Allergy to latex was first recognized in the late 1970s. Since then, it has become a major health concern as an increased number of people in the workplace are affected. Healthcare workers exposed to latex gloves or medical products containing latex are especially at risk. It is estimated that 8-12 percent of healthcare workers are latex sensitive, with reactions ranging from irritant contact dermatitis to immediate, possibly life-threatening, sensitivity. This course informs healthcare workers about products and practices that can trigger a latex allergy and how to lessen the chance of an allergic reaction.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what latex is and the distinction between natural rubber latex and synthetic rubber.
- List occupations and populations at risk for latex allergy.
- Explain why latex allergy has grown more prevalent in the last 30 years.
- Identify common latex containing products.
- Describe the three types of reactions associated with latex allergy and common symptoms.
- Identify methods used to diagnose latex allergy; and
- Recall ways to prevent or reduce the risk of latex allergy.
- Introduction and Objectives
- A Closer Look at Latex
- Latex Reactions and Symptoms
- Diagnosis and Prevention
Medical OSHA Training - Features and Benefits
- Course material is engaging and accurate.
- Online content, quiz, and test questions are directed to the content provided in the course and are based on proven adult learning theory principles.
- Interactivities are used to engage the learner and hold his or her interest.
- Includes course certificate of completion for each student and course completion reports for proof of compliance.
- Learners and administrators have 24 x 7 access to courses and reporting features.
- Audio narration that can be muted for crowded office environments plus audio transcript available in the course.
- Non-graded knowledge checks to reinforce lesson objectives.
- Bookmarking so learners can reopen the course to continue at page in the course where it was previously closed.
- Relevant images and animations are used throughout the course.
- The course mobile compatible to run on IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unlimited times to pass end-of course-assessment with 80% minimum passing score.
Estimated Time: 25 Minutes
Customized Off-the-Shelf Content
- Custom Training Pages & Quiz Questions Add and edit training pages, knowledge check questions or assessment questions to highlight your specific policies and procedures. This includes adding all-new pages with custom animations, images, and voiceover; customizing pop-ups; and adding any additional course pages that might be required.
- Executive Introduction & Conclusion Including an introduction or conclusion from your CEO or other executive can make a strong impression on learners, indicating to them the importance of the training and your management’s strong and commitment to compliance.
- Role-Based Custom Training for Specific Audiences Some of our training modules can be mixed and matched to create specific training programs for specific audiences or training requirements. This modular approach allows you to quickly and easily deploy the topics that are most relevant to your current compliance challenges.
Copyrights © 2016 & All Rights Reserved by Evolve Technologies, Inc.