- HomeLet's Start here
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- OSHA Safety
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- CompTIA Certification
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
- ContactGet in Touch
Hazard Communication for Healthcare (GHS)
All workers, healthcare, general industry, construction and maritime workers who are exposed to, work around or work with hazardous chemicals must receive hazard communication training. This course provides a detailed overview OSHA’s hazard communication standard and includes information on the incorporation of GHS into the standard. The GHS does not include harmonized training provisions, but recognizes that training is essential to an effective hazard communication approach. The revised Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires that workers be re-trained within two years of the publication of the final rule to facilitate recognition and understanding of the new labels and safety data sheets. OSHA estimates that the revised HCS will result in the prevention of 43 fatalities and 585 injuries and illnesses (318 non-lost-workday injuries and illnesses, 203 lost-workday injuries and illnesses, and 64 chronic illnesses) annually. The monetized value of this reduction in occupational risks is an estimated $250 million a year on an annualized basis. OSHA estimates that over 5 million workplaces in the United States would be affected by the revised Hazard Communication Standard (HCS).
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard.
- Discuss the basic requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Differentiate between physical and health hazards of chemicals.
- Recall the requirements of a written hazard communication program.
- Recall the components of a hazard communication training program.
- Explain the purpose of the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) and how it relates to the hazard communication standard.
- Read and understand the information contained in Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and how they can put to use to help maintain a safe workplace.
- Describe the requirements and purpose of hazard warning labels.
- Understand and recall what each pictogram stands for.
- Introduction & Objectives
- Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) and Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Written Program
- Hazard Classification
- Safety Data Sheets
- Employee Trainings
Medical OSHA Training - Features and Benefits
- Course material is engaging and accurate.
- Online content, quiz, and test questions are directed to the content provided in the course and are based on proven adult learning theory principles.
- Interactivities are used to engage the learner and hold his or her interest.
- Includes course certificate of completion for each student and course completion reports for proof of compliance.
- Learners and administrators have 24 x 7 access to courses and reporting features.
- Audio narration that can be muted for crowded office environments plus audio transcript available in the course.
- Non-graded knowledge checks to reinforce lesson objectives.
- Bookmarking so learners can reopen the course to continue at page in the course where it was previously closed.
- Relevant images and animations are used throughout the course.
- The course mobile compatible to run on IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unlimited times to pass end-of course-assessment with 80% minimum passing score.
Estimated Time: 25 Minutes
Customized Off-the-Shelf Content
- Custom Training Pages & Quiz Questions Add and edit training pages, knowledge check questions or assessment questions to highlight your specific policies and procedures. This includes adding all-new pages with custom animations, images, and voiceover; customizing pop-ups; and adding any additional course pages that might be required.
- Executive Introduction & Conclusion Including an introduction or conclusion from your CEO or other executive can make a strong impression on learners, indicating to them the importance of the training and your management’s strong and commitment to compliance.
- Role-Based Custom Training for Specific Audiences Some of our training modules can be mixed and matched to create specific training programs for specific audiences or training requirements. This modular approach allows you to quickly and easily deploy the topics that are most relevant to your current compliance challenges.
Copyrights © 2016 & All Rights Reserved by Evolve Technologies, Inc.