- HomeLet's Start here
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- OSHA Safety
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- CompTIA Certification
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
- ContactGet in Touch
HIPAA Privacy & Security for Covered Entities
Training for Organizations and Individuals. Includes Updated Content for 2016 Including HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule
Covered entities are required to provide HIPAA training to staff members when they are initially hired. It is also a good practice to provide refresher training to staff members annually to ensure they understand the HIPAA requirements for protecting patient health information. Our HIPAA Privacy & Security Awareness course is the perfect course to provide annual awareness training to your staff following initial training in the HIPAA Privacy & Security for Covered Entities course.
Who should take this course?This course is developed for front line supervisors, workers, students, trainees and volunteers who work with protected health information for healthcare providers, health insurance companies and healthcare clearinghouses.
Examples of covered entities include but is not limited to:
- Group Practices
- Health insurance companies
- Healthcare clearinghouses
Covered entities have specific requirements they must follow for the protection and disclosure of patient health information. Updated with the Omnibus Final Rule this course provides the foundation for understanding the HIPAA privacy and security regulations and the new requirements of the Omnibus Final Rule. It is designed for healthcare providers and other covered entities who need to provide HIPAA training to their staff. These include physician groups, medical practices, hospitals, ASC's, and clearinghouses.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- List the components of the HIPAA Privacy Rule;
- List who and what is covered by the Privacy Rule;
- Describe covered entities’ responsibilities under HIPAA;
- Describe how Individuals’ rights are protected under HIPAA;
- Describe the rules about using and disclosing PHI;
- Describe the security rule and good security practices;
- Describe the breach notification requirements; and
- Recall the HIPAA penalty and enforcement provisions.
- HIPAA Basics
- Using and Disclosing PHI
- Individuals’ Rights of Access to PHI
- Securing PHI
- Breach Notification Rules
HIPAA Training - Features and Benefits
- Courses are updated to cover the HIPAA Omnibus rule andTexas House Bill 300 (HB 300).
- Course material is engaging and accurate.
- Two versions of the course are available, including Covered Entities and for organizations in Texas covered by Texas HB300.
- Courses include online HIPAA testing and certification.
- Online content, quiz, and test questions are directed to the content delivered in the course and are based on proven adult learning theory principles.
- Interactivities are used to engage the learner and hold his or her interest.
- Includes course certificate of completion for each student and course completion reports for proof of compliance.
- Learners and administrators have 24 x 7 access to courses and reporting features.
- Audio narration that can be muted for crowded office environments plus audio transcript available in the course.
- Non-graded knowledge checks to reinforce lesson objectives.
- Bookmarking so learners can reopen the course to continue at page in the course where it was previously closed.
- Relevant images and animations are used throughout the course.
- The course mobile compatible to run on IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unlimited times to pass end-of course-assessment with 80% minimum passing score.
Estimated Time: 55 Minutes
Customized Off-the-Shelf Content
- Custom Training Pages & Quiz Questions Add and edit training pages, knowledge check questions or assessment questions to highlight your specific policies and procedures. This includes adding all-new pages with custom animations, images, and voiceover; customizing pop-ups; and adding any additional course pages that might be required.
- Executive Introduction & Conclusion Including an introduction or conclusion from your CEO or other executive can make a strong impression on learners, indicating to them the importance of the training and your management’s strong and commitment to compliance.
- Role-Based Custom Training for Specific Audiences Some of our training modules can be mixed and matched to create specific training programs for specific audiences or training requirements. This modular approach allows you to quickly and easily deploy the topics that are most relevant to your current compliance challenges.
Copyrights © 2016 & All Rights Reserved by Evolve Technologies, Inc.